BusBoss™ PROJECT STARTUP CHECKLIST
- Update all school information and verify for accuracy.
- Create school calendars.
- Enter unique walk distances to bus stop and school for each school.
- Update all student information and verify for accuracy.
- Verify all address descriptions and for accuracy, removing duplicates.
- Locate all unlocated addresses on the map.
- Verify all bus stop descriptions for accuracy, removing duplicates.
- Locate all unlocated bus stops on the map
- Enter all vehicles used with all information (VIN, year, capacity, type, etc.).
- Enter all contractors used with all info (address, phone no., contacts, etc.).
- Enter all bus drivers and their info (address, phone no, license info, etc.).
- Create user groups; enter all users; assign access rights to users.
- Enter all information in the lookup tables that will be used in the user-defined drop down lists.
Run Populate encounter table found under the Student submenu.
- Use the map schools dropdown to Locate all Schools, using the Display Schools screen.
- Use the map depots dropdown to Add all depot locations, using the Add Depot.
- Use the map transfers dropdown to Add all transfer locations, using the Add Transfer.
- Create Bus stops using the Add Stop in the Map Stops dropdown or use the Create House Stops tool found under the Stops submenu.
Create Routes using the Maintain Route - Add Route Wizard:
- For elementary students
- For secondary students
- For non-public students
- For special education students
- Set speed limits (global and/or individual streets), using the Set Speed Limits icon found under the Map submenu.
- Run the utility Reset School Stops found under the Stops submenu.
- Auto-assign walkers, using the Assign Students to Stops screen.
- Auto-assign student to bus stops, using the Assign Students to Stops screen.
- Manually assign remaining students to stops using the Assign Students to Stops screen.
- Save All Routes, found under the Route submenu.
Print Students Stop Assignment Report and compare students' bus stop assignments with prior stop assignment.
Print the Route reports needed, such as:
- Route Summary
- Bus schedules
- Passenger lists
- Route Instructions