SAVE TO HISTORY
This will store all of your current student routing assignments and routes to the history date selected to process. This must be run at least once a month to store information for the Pennsylvania State Report. For New Jersey Districts, this must be run in October to store information for the New Jersey DRTRS. All history reports (bus schedules, passenger lists, etc.) use the information that has been saved to history.
The following information will be saved to history:
- Students with route and stop assignments
- Routes with students assigned
Save To History
ADD HISTORY DATE
Click Add History Date and the calendar screen pops up. Select the date from the calendar and click OK.
Validate History Date Screen
In order to Save to History, current information such as routes and students must be accurate and complete. These problems should be corrected prior to Saving to History. Click Yes to Validate the information first.
Validation Errors Screen
If there are any problems, the screen will display what the problems are and how to get a list of items for each problem.
- School Calendar problem appears when there are schools set with a calendar day type of No School to the date selected. History dates should never be based on a day with No School (for even one school in the district). Student rider counts and route rosters will be incorrect if these problems are not corrected.
- Students needed transfers problem appears when there are students on routes that don't have their assigned school on the route and/or routes they are assigned to and do not have appropriate transfer routes assigned to them. The transfer routes must be assigned using the Maintain Student Transfer tab. Miles with and without students will be incorrect if these problems are not corrected.
- Disconnected Paths problem appears when there are routes that have incomplete paths. These are fixed using the Maintain Route screen and optimizing the paths or manually selecting the paths that apply. For multiple routes, you can use the [Tools][Route][Optimize All Routes] tool to select the individual routes and have BusBossÃ” finish connecting the paths. Route mileages will be incorrect if these problems are not corrected.
- Duplicate stops for Schools problem appears when there are multiple routes with the same stop servicing the same school(s). These must be handled by either removing the stop from one of the routes or splitting the stop using the [Tools][Stops][Split Stops] tool. Student rider counts and route rosters will be incorrect if these problems are not corrected.
NOTE: You will not be able to continue until these problems have been corrected.
Process Save to History Selection Screen
DELETE HISTORY DATE
Dates that have been incorrectly added or processed can be deleted or reprocessed. To delete the date entirely, select the date in the list and click Delete History Date. A confirmation screen will pop up. Click Yes to delete the date or No to cancel.
Delete History Date Confirmation Screen
Once the date has been deleted, the date can be added again (if needed).
COPY HISTORY DATE
With this function, you can copy the selected history date and save its information to another date selected in the pop-up calendar
Select the date in the list and click Process. The following screen pops up.
Save to History Select Weekday Screen
The snapshot is based on students and routes assigned to the day of the week selected. It defaults to the day of the week applying to the date selected. Click OK to continue. The Validate History Date screen will pop-up again. Click Yes to Validate or No to complete the Save to History (with problems, if applicable). Once it has finished the following screen will confirm this.
Save to History Complete
You can continue to Add and Process Dates as needed. Dates that have been processed already can be processed again (remembering that the information that currently applies is what will be saved to history). Student historical stop and route assignments can be manually modified using the Maintain Student History tab. Modifying a student's entrance or exit date to eliminate days attended will also take them out of history.